Wednesday, June 30, 2010

To The Berkshires

The Berkshires holds some history for Dave and I. When I still lived in NY, western MA was a half-way point of sorts for both of us so we met up there on several occasions...mostly during cooler months, so I was looking forward to visiting when it was warmer and we do some of the outdoor attraction they offer.

We packed up the car, dropped of the keys to Patti and headed out of town. The sun was out, but it was cooler. I didn't want to leave the chalet. If we could have afforded it, we MAY have booked it it through the 4th of July weekend, but I'm thrilled with the time we did have there and hope everyone else enjoyed it.

The drive to Stockbridge was uneventful and we found our motel around 4:30. We have stayed here once before, and I know I booked it because it was affordable, but WOW, was it a downgrade from the chalet. LOL There was a Quality Inn right behind it that looked inviting, but we decided to stay here. It wasn't like we were going to be spending a lot of time there anyway, so it served its purpose...just wish the outlet in the bathroom worked and we could understand the motel manager who had a VERY thick Indian accent.

I was in the mood for steak, so we searched out a couple of places and ended up at local grill restaurant. They're steak offerings were HUGE, so I opted to pass on it tonight. Instead I ordered up an embarrassingly, huge serving of Guinness-braised pot roast. How can one person eat that much? Unreal. I couldn't finish it and didn't take it with us even though we did have a fridge and microwave in our hotel. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment