With 24 days to go, some items are getting done...others still waiting to be completed and checked off our list (now it's listS, plural!).
The chalet, the florist and the photographer had final balance checks sent yesterday, so we're good to go there. The rental company confirmed our rental chairs, tables, etc for the wedding is all paid for as well and our Planner-For-A-Day/Realtor, Patti will be picking everything up for us.
Also, our Justice of The Peace had to back out of our wedding so we were forced to find another one, with his help thankfully. So JOP Jim will be officiating our ceremony. My surprise gift for Dave is also up-in-the-air at the moment. May, or may not happen, but I tried.
I'm trying to stay out of the sun to avoid funky tan lines, but if I DO want to sit out in the sun, I'm wearing sunscreen and my bathing suit top because it's a halter and I'll avoid strange strap marks since my wedding dress is also a halter.
I pick up the dress at David's Bridal next Wednesday and hope the alterations are all set. They SHOULD be at that price!
The ring box is almost completed and we're trying our best to find the perfect "cord" to use for our handfasting ceremony. I need to fill the seed packets yet and I THINK we have our music for the ceremony and reception all set. We'll be using an iPod or laptop. I have created individual playlists for Pre-Ceremony, Processional, Recessional, Cocktail/Dinner, and Reception Dancing.
The only sad part is that my Aunt Connie will be unable to make the wedding. Her health is failing and she's been moved to a nursing home after several visits to hospitals and Dr's. She's battling cancer. She'll be 94 this Friday, but at least I know SHE knew I wanted her there, so I continue to take that with me and hopefully, if she's up for it, we can make a trip to visit her while we're in NY. I'm praying for that.
My time-off request is in for two weeks off from work, our reservations are set for the hotel in The Berkshires and the kitties are all booked at their little vacation home-away-from-home. Moving right along!!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment