In my attempt to try and look my best on my wedding day, I scheduled a little spa afternoon at The Senator Inn & Spa to get a Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup Makeover using the $50 gift card I was given for The Senator Spa.Oh, I also had an anti-stress facial and I got my hair cut and highlighted while I was at it prior to the makeover! LOL My hair stylist has left that area and it left me high and dry with finding a new stylist. The hair cut and highlighting was horrifically expensive there, so I probably won't go back, but she did a nice job.
I forget how wonderful facials are. Not only are you wrapped in heated sheets and your face massaged, but they massage your neck, shoulders, hands and feets and wrap everything up on moist, hot towels. Wow, it feels great!
Hiedi, who did my facial, was also my makeup artist for the makeover, so she had an idea already of my skin before we started the makeover. The Jane Iredale mineral makeup is really terrific, but it's a whole new way of applying makeup and one that I'm not sure you can just learn in the 50 minutes I had. Thankfully, Jane Iredale has a terrific website with videos and tips and techniques for applying eveything. Hiedi said my skin was very dehydrated.
Although I got $50 of makeup WITH the makeover and the $50 off with the gift card...it was a very expensive day! The hair cut and color is what put me over the limit and the most expensive skin-care product I bought was a daily moisturizer...amazing how expensive that was!! It better do the trick. LOL I came away with almost all of the makeup products she used on my skin and we have a few things on order...like the brushes and spritzer I need to use the makeup, so I haven't actually USED it in real life yet until I get those items.
All-in-all, it was a very relaxing afternoon and much needed. Wish I had done it on a Friday though. Friday at work was very stressful and frustrating.
I'm hoping to schedule a manicure and pedicure in NY prior to the wedding and may save a full massage for the Berkshires after the wedding.
If you've never been to The Senator Inn & Spa, I highly recommend it. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff is most attentive with all of your needs. It's nice having this little oasis in my own backyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment