I haven't updated the blog in awhile regarding the progress of our wedding plans.
* my dress has been purchased, I have an appointment for alterations back at David's Bridal in May. I'm going to add a matching purple ribbon to it and have it bustled in the back for easy walking.
* The two Nancy's flights and hotel room have been booked for their flights into NY from Maine they're stay in Niagara Falls after the wedding.
* we asked Dori, Rhonda, and Jenny to sing a "The Water Is Wide" and play guitar during the ceremony.
* Dave rented his kilt through Kilt Rental USA
* the two different sized tartan ribbons I ordered on Ebay from Scotland arrived and are beautiful!
* we're narrowing down our menu for our caterer, Chef Brigid Marie.
* I have narrowed down the flower choices for the florist
* booked our two night stay at The Monument Mountain Motel in Great Barrington, MA in the Berkshires for our short honeymoon trip on the way back to Maine. It's nothing fancy, but the price is right for that time of year. We've stayed there previously and found it to be a great location for all The Berkshires has to offer.
* We're in the process of finalizing the layouts and colors for our invitations, RSVP postcards, place cards, table cards and map card.
* we have finalized and decided on our wedding favors. They will require some DIY skills, but I think it will be great fun and people will love it.
And one of the biggies we can cross of our list is our officiant. We asked our friend Gwen to become ordained online, which will now allow her to legally marry us. Dave and I are planning on having a handfasting ceremony, along with the other legal script that needs to happen and Gwen was honored that we asked her. I think it will be very special to have a friend marry us instead of a stranger. Far more meaningful and more relaxed...which is what we want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment