Friday, July 2, 2010

On The Road Again to Maine

Dave and I set out relatively early this morning at 8:00 to head north/east to Maine. Our hope was that we'd beat the real heavy holiday traffic of people trying to get to the coast and into Maine for the 4th of July. It wasn't too bad, but knew it was going to get worse.

We picked up the kitties and got home shortly after 2 p.m. Everything seemed to be okay, except our pond which had drained itself of water. The garden looked good, so it appears my watering system worked and the kitties were VERY happy to be home and so were we.

We had so much to unload and unpack and we did it that night. I think we're both exhausted, but very happy. I'm glad I have the long 3-day weekends to relax before getting back into the swing of work.

When we got home our marriage license was waiting for us in the mail, so we're official and I'm now Mrs. McCausland!

No comments:

Post a Comment