Jamie came recommended by a co-worker, so I made an appointment. She did a good job and the price was right. I've scheduled a appointment for full-highlights and a trim about a week before the wedding and I may take advantage of their close proximity to visit the spa some day soon and check it out.
Dave came with me, so once I was done with the hair appointment, we drove over to Main Street and decided to stop at some jewelers to see their men's wedding bands.
We stopped at Day's Jewelers first. Dave found a beautiful Celtic design ring. We hadn't seen one like it before and were both sold on it, even though the price was more than Dave had wanted to spend. But, Dave wanted to shop around, so we told her to hold that ring out for us and we'd be back.
On our way up the street and over to visit Larson's Jewelers, I just happened to notice as we were waiting to cross the street that we were standing right in front of a jeweler, so we stopped in and found ANOTHER ring we both really liked. Now we were torn, but still wanted to shop, so we walked over to Larson's. They had one that was very inexpensive and fit Dave well, but he just wasn't sure. So....we went back to Days' to check theirs out again. The quality was much better, but it didn't have that something special and it was mass produced.We went back to L Tardif Jewelers, where Dave ended up buying the handmade gold ring with a beautiful design made from a mold from Victorian England call Vineyard created by Ed Levin. The neat thing about this ring, other than it was handmade and had a neat story to it, was that it fit Dave perfectly from the get-go. Dave, like myself, has very thin fingers and hardly any of the rings we've look at fit him. I think it was kismet that I just happened to turn to my right and see this store, that we went in and looked at that one first and it fit him.
The gentlemen in the store were terrific. Very funny, helpful and pleasant. Dave is a sucker for home-grown, family-owned companies, as this is. There's something to be said for skills and knowledge being handed down through the generations and we both felt they knew what they were talking about and sold some beautiful pieces.
We went out for lunch after wards and did some minor shopping for the wedding on smaller items we'll be needing. When we got home the stakes I had ordered to hold our name cards had come. Yeee haaaw.
At least we were able to check some things off our checklist today.
No comments:
Post a Comment