Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tid Bits

Martha Stewart Weddings has a wedding expo a few weeks ago. I attended for one of the two days and got some terrific tips and ideas. I'm FINALLY getting around to documenting them.

For The DRESS:
-make sure when shopping for the dress you keep in mind the location and time of year of the wedding. You wouldn't want to get a heavily threaded dress for a beach wedding.
-normal dress appointments are 1 and 1/2 hours.
-the budget on your dress should included accessories, fittings/alterations and the dress.
-shapes that are good for most shapes are A-line and Princess-line.

COLORS:
-2 to 3 colors in your color palette is normal.
-use shades or "tones" of those colors.

POSSIBLE DISGUISE FOR THE HOT TUB:
- a "softwall" show at Taylorcreativeinc.com. I thought this might a good option and I really stumped them with this question. LOL I was pleased they had a possible solution.

MAKE-UP:
-the best brushes to use are synthetic brushes
-Really good video on the website called "Getting Gorgeous" although I can't seem to locate it on the website now. Figures.
-use better foundation due the length of time you'll be wearing it and all of the photographs that will be taken. Opt for more of a covering foundation.
-The order in which you want to put your make-up on is:
1) Foundation
2) Eye shadow (don't save for last)
3) Eye liner (use a liquid brown)
4) Mascara (obviously use WATERPROOF in Dk. Brown or Black)
5) Bronzer on forehead, cheeks and under jaw bone. Blend into ear. Use the shape of the #3 for this movement on forehead, cheeks and jaw bone.
6) Blush (pink) on the apple of the cheek. 2 shades darker (?)
7) Lips
8) Individual Fake Eye Lashes if wanted. Might have some issues with my glasses, but would like to try these.

RECEPTION FOOD:
-a buffet style allows people to mingle. We're opting for this.
-sit-down doesn't. Although with the size of our reception I have a feeling people will mingle anyway.

ENGAGEMENT RING:
I was embarrassed to ask this, but they were great. I wasn't sure what I do with my engagement ring during the ceremony. Do I wear it on my ring finger? Do I put it on later? I was told it could be worn on my RIGHT hand during the ceremony or there is such a thing as a "ring enhancer" that I could wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment