Friday, September 25, 2009

Holding Pattern

Well, wedding plans have kind of come to a screeching halt. Dave has been consumed by planning and arranging the walk in his niece's honor and to benefit the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and I've been horribly busy and tired with the design and organization of the 2010 Johnny's Selected seeds catalog and calendar and this and that and those and these.....

We contacted a few photographers that we're interested, but I'm now fearing because we're waiting, the dates will have become booked before we signed them up. June is the big wedding month.

Once the catalog is done, at least I'll be able to be relaxed enough and be a tad more rested so I can look into things again and start to look for a dress. It won't be fun shopping by myself for one, but that's the hand I'm dealt. I just don't feel close enough to any woman here in Maine to go with me and my family and friends live in other states and countries. So, it's me again the wedding dress world! LOL I would have asked Dave's niece Kim, to go with me. I think it would have been something fun for both of us. Instead...we'll be having an internment service next week to bury her ashes. Very sad.

Then we'll have my 3rd anniversary of my own ruptured aneurysm a few days afterwards. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate on the positive. I'm here, I'm alive, my Maine Man and I will soon be husband and wife and I have all my faculties so I'm able to work, drive and garden. Although all three of things continue to tire and stress me out. LOL

The wedding is something happy to look forward to for both our families. I want it to be special and fun for everyone. Yeah, no pressure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment