It's been tough looking at wedding dresses. I haven't bought a real dress in years (haven't had a reason to) and I keep looking at dresses that would have looked great on my size 4, 115 lb. frame. However, I no longer HAVE that frame.After having a desk job for 10 years, turning 45, and difficulty in doing strenuous exercise since my ruptured aneurysm, I now, for the first time in my life, have real CURVES and weigh.....well, let's just say I'm a long way from 115 lbs, which for my height was not healthy anyway.
I'm now dismissing dresses that are sheaths or have fabric that is too clingy. I'm beginning to look at a-line dresses with either halter top neckline, or a v-neck. Something that's asymmetrical with some ruching at the waist looks nice too.
That's all assuming I can get my butt into an actual STORE that sells wedding dresses. It's no fun without a family member or a close girlfriend here with me to enjoy this fun time. Oh, well. It'll just mean when I finally find THE dress, it'll be totally my decision and I won't be swayed by anyone else, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment